What is self-care?
>S P E N D I N G the time to take special care of yourself, mentally, physically, & emotionally
What does self-care look like?
- Prioritizing your needs/goals/desires
- Spending time alone doing something meaningful to YOU
- Unwinding by taking a bath when you are stressed, sore, need relaxation, etc.
- Accompanying yourself to your favorite restaurant or coffee shop and ordering your favorite thing
- Treating yourself to something out of the norm, such as a going to get pedicure, buying book you’ve been dying to get your hands on, getting a massage, or finally snagging that team jersey you’ve been hesitating to buy
- Relaxing and watching Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/etc.
- Not feeling guilty for prioritizing yourself, saying no, changing your mind, etc.
- Reading or writing for enjoyment
- Seeing a therapist or counselor (even if you don’t have severe depression or something specific…“a little therapy never hurt nobody”)
- Listening to your favorite music
- Exploring in nature
- Traveling somewhere new