Sweat. Shower. Treat. Repeat.
The Golden Hour: the precious 60 minutes after exercise that you have to replenish & refuel your body. It is a crucial step to your weight loss or overall health journey! Think of it as a part of exercising. You must give your body fuel in order to exercise & you must give your body fuel to recover.
One of my favorite ways to recover is with a protein shake! Because I’m plant-based (I still eat eggs & always will), this is an important step for me in making sure I achieve my daily protein goals while consuming other essential nutrients, as well.
- A serving of vegan chocolate protein powder (use whatever chocolate protein powder you prefer!)
- 1 to 1.5 cups frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup cashew yogurt (you can substitute with soy yogurt, almond yogurt, or 0% greek yogurt–check the label for added sugar, OR no yogurt if you like your shake to be a thinner consistency)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp powdered almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1-2 cups of water depending on your thickness preference
- A few ice cubes
- Put the ingredients in your blender & blend, baby. Enjoy!
P.S. I try to drink mine slowly so it can digest more easily!